martes, agosto 10, 2004

About Tractatus and Philosophical Investigations

There are big differenes between these two books.

Tractatus (T) is written by someone who really believes that he understood the problem. I feel that there is an strong formalization of "life" through the language. This initially really caught me. I found it very interesting, this triggered my desire of reading Wittgenstein.

However, now that I am reading Philosophical Investigations (PI) there is in the middle a huge change. This is not an original claim about Wittgenstein work, however I am happy because I feel it.

Doing a paralell, I feel as if (T) were mathematics without impossibility results (before Godel), whereas (PI) is the result of matematicians (I should say Wittgenstein) accepting that there are impossibility results, and therefore re-writing (T).



No hay comentarios.: