miércoles, agosto 11, 2004

Language and Philosophy

What is the relation between Language and Philosophy? Why the language seems to be at the root of Wittgenstein work?

In PI Wittgenstein introduces the idea of language-game. In a language-game there are rules that we simply follow and eventually entangled us in them.

Let me cite him in PI

124. Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in

the end only describe it.
Language is where we are entangled and the work of the philosopher is to describe such a complexity. Not to solve it.



Around language, in Wittgenstein opera, are concepts as: proposition, thought, meaning, logic, rules.

I am not interesting here at finding out my answers... but Wittgensteing ones. As I do not know them, I better stay quiet... but confussed. :)







No hay comentarios.: